Effective November 18th, Hazelwood City Hall (including the Code Enforcement office) will move to a minimal staffing model. City Hall will remain open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, but will be closed each day between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM.
The Code Enforcement office will have only one employee in the office at a time. All other employees will be working remotely. Wait times for building inspections, residential occupancy inspections, commercial occupancy inspections, and plan reviews may be longer than anticipated.
For questions regarding residential occupancy and inspections, please email Ethel Henderson at email@example.com.
For questions regarding building permits and inspections, and commercial occupancy inspections, please email Linda McGurk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residential Occupancy Permit Program
Established in 2002, the Residential Occupancy Permit Program ensures properties are compliant in accordance with the 2015 International Property Maintenance Code. City Code Enforcement Officers perform interior and exterior inspections of every residential unit within the City that changes occupancy.
Commercial Occupancy Permits
Commercial Occupancy Permits can be obtained from the Finance Department through the business license process.
Building Codes & Construction
In addition to the City of Hazelwood Municipal Code, the City has adopted and enforces the following codes promulgated from the Internationally recognized International Code Council (ICC) whose codes are used worldwide.
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
The City of Hazelwood contracts with St. Louis County for Electrical, Plumbing, Elevator, and Amusement permits and inspections.
The City currently has an ISO rating of 3.
Climate & Geographic Design Criteria
- Ground snow load - 20 psf
- Wind speed - 90 mph
- Seismic Design Category - C or D (soil based)
- Winter design temperature - 2°
- Frost depth - 30 inches
- Mean annual temperature - 54°
Building Permit Applications
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Clandestine Drug Remediation Permit Application (PDF)
- Clandestine Pre-Sample Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Domestic Fowl Permit (PDF)
- Excavation Permit Application (PDF)
- Fence Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Re-Roof Packet (PDF)
- Shed Permit (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Container Permit (PDF)
- Trash Enclosure Permit (PDF)