Effective March 23, Hazelwood City Hall will be temporarily closed, with a pending reopen date of April 23. During that time, the Code Enforcement department has implemented the following changes to their procedures:
Residential Occupancy Inspections & Permits
- Vacant properties - Properties that are vacant will still be inspected. Property owners/managers should email a completed inspection form accompanied with a copy of a valid photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an inspection.
- Occupied properties - Properties that are currently occupied will not be inspected. Property owners/managers should email email@example.com to notify the City that an inspection will be needed for that property upon City Hall reopening. Following a passing inspection, residents will still need to obtain their occupancy permit.
- Temporary occupancy permits will be issued following a passing inspection of a vacant property. Full occupancy permits will be issued when City Hall reopens and payment for the inspection and permit will be collected at that time.
- For questions regarding the current occupancy inspection and permitting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building Permits & Review
- Small plan sets - For work done that can be detailed on 8.5 x 11 plan sheets, residents/contractors should email a completed building permit application accompanied with the required number of plan sets, copy of the contract and any specifications to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Large plan sets - For work done that can only be detailed on plan sheets larger than 8.5 x 11, residents/contractors should mail a completed building permit application accompanied with the required number of plan sets, copy of the contract and any specifications to Hazelwood City Hall at 415 Elm Grove Lane, Hazelwood, MO 63042.
- Building permit applications will be reviewed and processed as staff is available. There may be delays in the review process.
- For questions regarding the current building permit review process, please email email@example.com.
- For building inspections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding the specific inspection needed. Please include the address of the work being done, permit number, and type of inspection needed in the email.
Code Enforcement Concerns & Other Information
- Please email email@example.com about code enforcement concerns in your area and to request any other information from the Code Enforcement department.These emails will be forwarded to the appropriate Code Enforcement Officer for the area, and will be addressed as staff is able to do so.
Building Codes & Construction
In addition to the City of Hazelwood Municipal Code, the City has adopted and enforces the following codes promulgated from the Internationally recognized International Code Council (ICC) whose codes are used worldwide.
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
The City of Hazelwood contracts with St. Louis County for Electrical, Plumbing, Elevator, and Amusement permits and applications.
The City currently has an ISO rating of 3.
Climate & Geographic Design Criteria
- Ground snow load - 20 psf
- Wind speed - 90 mph
- Seismic Design Category - C or D (soil based)
- Winter design temperature - 2°
- Frost depth - 30 inches
- Mean annual temperature - 54°
Building Permit Applications
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Clandestine Drug Remediation Permit Application (PDF)
- Clandestine Pre-Sample Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Domestic Fowl Permit (PDF)
- Excavation Permit Application (PDF)
- Fence Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Re-Roof Packet (PDF)
- Shed Permit (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Container Permit (PDF)
- Trash Enclosure Permit (PDF)