The Hazelwood Neighborhood Watch was developed as a means to incorporate citizens in community crime prevention efforts. The program brings together local officials, law enforcement, and citizens to create a united front in protecting our city.
Neighborhood Watch is a crime preventing program that:
- Teaches citizens techniques to reduce the risk of being victimized at home and in public
- Trains citizens on the importance of recognizing suspicious activity and how to report them
- Teaches participants how to make their home more secure
- Allows neighbors to get to know each other and their routines so that any out of place activity can be reported and investigated
- A cohesive body of concerned citizens addressing issues that concern the entire city.
What Neighborhood Watch is NOT:
- A vigilante force working outside of the normal procedures of law enforcement
- A program designed for participants to take personal risk to prevent crime
- A 100% guarantee that crime will not occur in your neighborhood