Office: (314) 513-5020
The City Clerk’s office strives to give complete and accurate information when courteously assisting Hazelwood residents, businesses, and employees within our City government. Record management is a major responsibility of this office. We maintain the proceedings of the City Council; including keeping minutes, receiving and distributing communications directed to the Council, and attesting to, indexing and filing ordinances, proclamations and resolutions. In addition, the City Clerk’s office is responsible for drafting legislation, administering oaths of office, certifying elections, maintaining the Municipal Code and other internal manuals, issuing liquor licenses and seeing to the day-to-day operations of the City Council.
The City Clerk is actively involved in the Missouri City Clerks and Finance Officers Association at both the local and state levels, the International Institute of Municipal Clerks, and the Missouri Municipal League.
As a result of the commitment to our Vision Statement, the City Clerks Office provides an environment where it is possible for the City’s officials and employees to work as a team to provide the best possible government for the citizens of Hazelwood.
External Vision Statement
Our External Vision for the entire City is to take the best possible government, created under our Internal Vision, and, utilizing all the stated guidelines with our citizens, create the best possible community in which to live, work and play.
It is important that all members of the Hazelwood official family believe and remember always that our purpose in being is to serve the community and citizens at their convenience, not ours.
Our goal is to develop a strong unit, composed of employees and citizens from all facets of the community – getting everyone involved in, and proud of, our caring, sharing, wholesome, safe, progressive City.
Together, we can make a difference!
Internal Vision Statement
The internal goal of the City Clerks office is to develop an environment where it is possible and expected that the Citys officials and employees work as a team to provide the best possible government for the citizens of Hazelwood, incorporating the following guidelines:
- Utilize efficient, effective use of our resources, time and talents.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Prevent stressful working conditions whenever possible.
- Strive to provide totally accurate, complete information.
- Establish consistent treatment of employees and enforcement of regulations.
- Follow through with all actions and assignments and report back as needed.
- Be courteous, helpful and cooperative with one another.
- Communicate promptly, frequently and fully.
- Develop and utilize opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Evaluate and review situations regularly.
- Learn from our experiences, achievements and mistakes.
- Assess mistakes in order to develop procedures that will prevent them in the future…not with the intent of placing blame.
- Share information about the functions, responsibilities and concerns, not only within departments, but for the entire City operation, with all employees.
Care about each other!