Facilities & Services

Hazelwood Parks and Recreation Facilities & Services

Contents for Facilities and Services:
Office and Building Hours Holiday Hours
Facility Locations and Amenities Disc Golf Course
Sports Complex Resident Card Information
White Birch Bay Aquatic Center Renting a Party or Banquet Facility
Registering for Recreation Programs Senior Transportation Services
Sports Field Use General Information
Commemorative Tree Program
Hazelwood Park Board

Hours of Operation

Office and Building Hours
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Holiday Hours
New Year’s Day Closed
President’s Day Closed
Easter Sunday Closed
Memorial Day Closed
4th of July Closed
Labor Day Closed
Veterans’ Day Closed
Thanksgiving Day Closed
Thanksgiving Friday Closed
Christmas Eve Closed
Christmas Day Closed


Hazelwood Parks and Recreation Facilities

Recreation Center Usage Fees:
Premier Passes/Memberships:  Residents – Individual ($60) / Senior ($30) / Family ($150)
Non-Residents – Individual/Senior ($90) / Family ($225)

Pavilion Usage Fees:  Residents ($55) / Non-Residents ($75) – Howdershell or Musick Park Only

Hazelwood Community Center

1186 Teson Road
Phone: 314-731-0980
Fax: 314-731-0989

Located 1/2 mile west of Howdershell Road, nestled in White Birch Park, the Community Center offers 28,000 square feet of recreational opportunity.

Community Center Features:

  • Gymnasium, basketball, volleyball, and indoor soccer; seats up to 350 individuals for banquet use
  • Billiards, Air Hockey, & Table Tennis
  • Weight Room, Treadmills, Elliptical Trainers, Arc Cross Trainer, Exercycles, Cardio Wave, Climber and hand weights.
  • Cybex Strength equipment
  • Meeting Rooms which seat up to 50-100 individuals
  • Gymnasium and Meeting Rooms may be rented for various occasions

Civic Center East
8969 Dunn Road
Phone: 314-839-5575
Fax: 314-839-5578

Easily accessed from Interstate 270, one half mile east of Lindbergh Blvd.

Civic Center East Features:

  • Gymnasium, basketball and volleyball
  • Suspended Walking/Jogging Track
  • Fitness Center, Life Fitness Strength Equipment, Treadmills, Elliptical Trainer, Arc Cross Trainers, Exercycles, Climber and Hand Weights.
  • Multi-purpose rooms with seating up to 160 individuals may be rented for various occasions. Kitchenettes in each.
  • Parking Garage

All Facilities are Non-Smoking and Accessible.
For Information call (314) 731-0980 or by TDD 1-800-735-2966

Hazelwood Sports Complex

The Hazelwood Sports Complex, located at 4622 Aubuchon Road is a 19.73 acre complex which has seven ball fields, the potential for four soccer fields, a pavilion, concession building and maintenance facility.  Phone number is (314) 264-7474.

The complex is available for rental April through October. Contact the Recreation Office at (314) 731-0980 for current rates. 

Appropriate equipment and clothing is required for all sports activities.

Users must submit an affadavit or proof of insurance policy for approval.

Prior written authorization is required for use of the areas and activities.

Parking for motorized vehicles is prohibited on the playing fields and/or benches during sports games.

Spectators are not permitted on the playing fields and/or benches during sports games.

Animals are permitted, but must be leashed.

Prior written approval is required for alcoholic beverages brought on the premises.

When concessions are in operation, food and beverages brought on the premises is limited to water, sports drinks, fruit and items not sold through the concessionaires.

Coolers are subject to inspection.

For information on renting the facility: contact the Recreation Office at 314-731-0980.

For rainout information contact 314-264-7474.

Disc Golf – Since 1979

Disc Golf combines the favorite American pastime of throwing flying discs with one of the world’s greatest sports-golf. Players count how many “strokes” (throws) it takes to get from the tee to the basket using aerodynamically designed golf discs. This fun and inexpensive sport is played throughout the U.S., Europe, Japan and as far away as Australia. Hazelwood’s White Birch Park is home to an 18 hole course that challenges you to negotiate many tree obstacles and a winding creek. We invite you to try this popular sport on our course.

Merchandise Available

A full line of golf discs by Ching, Discraft, Innova-Champion, Lightning & Millennium are available for sale at the Hazelwood Community Center office located next to the course. There are also disc golf bags, towels, T-shirts, and mini discs to satisfy your disc golf needs.

Leagues & Tournaments

Thursday night disc golf is a Hazelwood tradition. Leagues form each spring at the beginning of Daylight Savings Time. Spring, Summer and Fall Leagues continue play through October. All leagues are doubles’ formats. Contact the Recreation Office (314-731-0980) for dates and fees. Sorry, the disc golf course is closed to drop-in play on Thursdays.

Hazelwood Parks & Recreation sponsors several tournaments during the calendar year including the Annual Ice Bowl and the White Birch Classic in August. All leagues and tournaments offer a variety of divisions for players of all skill levels. Contact the Recreation Office (314-731-0980) for tournament dates and information.

Skate/BMX Park

Hazelwood operates an outdoor Skate/BMX Park adjacent to the Community Center in White Birch Park. The lighted Skate/BMX Park features  ramps ranging from 3 ft. to 8 ft., a 6 ft. half pipe, and a variety of skate/BMX obstacles.


Hours are year-round based on weather and park surface conditions.  Park will open upon request and will close 30 minutes prior to the Community Center’s closing time. 

Closed on all major holidays.

The risk of injury from this activity is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death.  No liability, either expressed or implied, will be incurred by the City, or its employees, for any injuries arising out of use of this facility.  It is recommended to use the facility with a companion or group.

The park is free to use.  Helmets are recommended.  An annual Skate/BMX Competition is hosted at the park.

How To Get a Resident Card

1. Unpaid Bill showing your name and address
2. Photo ID

Resident Card Requirements

A current resident card is required for access to the Community Center and Civic Center East, to obtain picnic permits, admittance to White Birch Bay Aquatic Center, to fish at Truman Park Pond, and to receive resident rates for classes and room rentals. Everyone, age 6 and older, should have his or her own resident card. Card fee is $3.00.


1. Adult family members may obtain cards for family members, age 6-20, upon meeting proof of residency requirements and completing resident card application procedures. Because the cards are printed immediately on site, all family members are encouraged to be present at the time of application.

2. Adult family members, age 21 and older, residing with parents/guardians must present their own current proof of residency and photo ID when applying for resident cards. Such individuals may not obtain cards for other family members.

Need Help?

Assistance in determining other items which may be used for proof of residency is available by calling 731-0980.

Hazelwood Resident Cards are good for a period of one calendar year and are available at either Recreation Office with proper proof of residency.

Replacement fee is $3.00


How to Register for a Program or Activity

  • In Person: Visit either Recreation Office during office hours:
    Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
    Friday-Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
    Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or more recent version must be installed on your computer before viewing the following PDF files. You may visit the Adobe website and download a FREE version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from the link below.

Hazelwood Parks and Recreation Program Registration Form


Registration Policies

  • Registrations are on a first-come, first served basis and will continue until the classes are filled.
  • Resident cards must be current and presented at the time of registration to qualify for resident rates.
  • You may register for any class session. Registration in the first session does not guarantee a place in continuing classes.
  • Participants must reach the designated age by the first class.
  • Fees are calculated per session unless otherwise indicated.
  • Pre-registration is required for all programs unless otherwise indicated.

Senior Citizen Rates

Resident, age 55 and over, are entitled to a 50% discount for any CLASS registration. A CLASS consists of any recreation offering which meets on a weekly basis for 4 or more consecutive weeks.


Should you find it necessary to transfer session or class times, this may be done prior to the start of the session or class for which you are registered if an opening exists.

Returned Checks

Returned checks are assessed the current bank fees as charged to the City.

Cancellations and Refunds

The City of Hazelwood Parks and Recreation reserves the right to cancel or postpone any program due to insufficient enrollment or other valid reason. Full refund will be issued if a class is cancelled. If an individual cannot attend a class or program for any reason, refunds will be issued upon written request for classes as follows:

  • For activities with a fee of $5 or less, a written request must be submitted before the program of first class meeting or NO REFUND will be given.
  • For activities with a fee or $6 or more, a written request must be submitted within the first two class periods in order to receive a refund or transfer to another class. A $5 service charge will be made for withdrawals after the first class meeting.


All program/class fees are calculated on a minimum number of participants. If the set minimum is not met for any given class, the class will be cancelled and refunds will be made to those registered.

It is recommended that you register a minimum of five days before the start of a program.

We would like to assist you in the best way possible. Please indicate any assistance you may need.

How to Rent a Party Facility

We have a room for all occasions – Conferences, Meetings, and Parties

Let one of the Hazelwood Recreation facilities be the site of your next social gathering or business meeting. Areas within each of the Recreation Centers are available for private functions. All facility rentals include the set-up of tables and chairs, trash receptacles and custodial services.

Hazelwood Civic Center East

Multi-Purpose Rooms 104, 105, 106 will individually accommodate approximately 60 people, when combined they will accommodate up to 160. Each contains a kitchenette complete with microwave.

Hazelwood Community Center

The Gymnasium, capable of accommodating 350 guests, features an adjacent catering kitchen with range, freezer and walk-in refrigerator.

The Arts and Crafts Room, which accommodates up to 50, offers outdoor access to the preschool playground, counter space and sink.

The Meeting Room and Lounge will accommodate 50 people and features a full kitchenette.

The Warming Area Lounge, this charming area is perfect for those cool weather gatherings as it features a working fireplace and is very private. It is only available October through March.  Seating capacity: 80 people with a dance floor / 100 people without a dance floor.

Sports Rentals

The Gymnasium at either Recreation Center may be rented prior to or after regular operating hours. Basketball, soccer and volleyball may be played in the Community Center, while basketball and volleyball are available at the Civic Center East.

Making Reservations

  • Reservations may be made up to one year in advance in person at either of the Recreation Offices.
  • A damage deposit is required to reserve all rooms.
  • Only persons 18 years of age and older may contract a facility reservation.

Refunds and Cancellations

Written cancellation of a rental facility is required for a refund of fees. Refund Policy:

Notification of Cancellation
More than 30 days prior to the party
30 days or less prior to the party

Fees Refunded
50% of the damage deposit and all paid rental fee are refunded
100% of the damage deposit and 50% of rental fees paid are retained

Not-For-Profit Use

The facility usage fees may be waived for not-for-profit Groups meeting the following criteria:

  • A rental agreement is completed and signed by the organization’s representative.
  • A copy of official documentation showing Not-For-Profit status is provided.
  • A copy of the organization’s roster with 51% Hazelwood residents is provided.
  • The damage deposit, custodial fees, and staff fees are paid. Facility usage fees ONLY are waived.

Alcoholic Beverages

Persons, age 21 and older, contracting a facility reservation may serve alcoholic beverages to their guests, age 21 and older. NO alcohol may be served on Sundays. The sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.


For information concerning fees, services, policies or room availability, contact the Recreation Office at 731-0980, or stop by either office where the recreation staff is ready to assist you.

Sports Field Use

Applications for the use of park sports fields for team practices are required.

Applications for softball and soccer field use are available in either Recreation Office and must be completed and returned by the designated application deadline.

Application packets contain all information needed to apply for field use permits.

All teams must submit proof of insurance to use City park fields.


Softball Field Use
Allotment for softball diamond use in Aubuchon, Howdershell, Pershall and St. Cin Parks are held in February. Applications for field use are due to the Recreation Office in late January. Field assignments are valid March through July.

Soccer Field Use
A drawing for soccer field use in Aubuchon, Howdershell, Musick and Pershall Parks is held in August.

  • Field assignments drawn in August are valid from mid-August through mid-November.

The Sports Complex is a fee for use facility and is not included in this use draw application.
For information on field availability contact the Recreation Office at 731-0980.

Hazelwood Commemorative Tree Fund

If trees could speak they would ask for our help

There is a growing concern towards preserving the earth. Planting trees is a very important part of conservation. Without them, the world would be a desolate and barren place to live.

Everyone needs to be aware that trees are essential for life, and it will take the effort of everyone to make sure we have plenty of trees for the future.

Your participation to preserve the beauty of Hazelwood’s parks for future generations of nature lovers, picnickers, sports enthusiasts and Hazelwood Harvestfest goers is welcome.

How you can help

The Hazelwood Parks and Recreation Division established the Commemorative Tree Fund to enhance the parks preservation and beauty. Join the effort to conserve this most valuable park resource. A donation in any amount to the Commemorative Tree Fund will show you care about preserving the natural beauty of your parks. Your tax deductible contribution will be used to purchase trees that will be planted and cared for by Hazelwood’s Parks and Recreation Division.

All donations will be recognized by placing an engraved plaque on a donor’s list permanently displayed in White Birch Park and a Commemorative Tree Certificate suitable for framing. Donations less than the actual cost to the City for a tree will be accumulated for a tree purchase. Your plaque may include a message indicating that a tree has been planted to commemorate a special event such as:

Birth of a Child, Special Birthday, Wedding Anniversary, Memorial to a Loved One, Etc.

A donation of the actual cost of a selected tree is suggested. If you choose to contribute the market cost of your selected tree (1 1/2″ to 2″ caliper) plus $15.00, you may select the park in which the tree is planted. These donors are recognized with a Commemorative Tree Certificate, and engraved plaque denoting the special commemorative event and a map of the park showing the tree’s location.

The Hazelwood Parks and Recreation Division will make every effort to plant the tree of your choice. However, in order to keep proper ecological balance, the Division reserves the right to determine the appropriate tree selection and planting site.

Hazelwood Transportation Services

Who Can Ride the Bus?

The City of Hazelwood has a wheelchair lift equipped mini-bus to provide free transportation service to qualifying residents. The qualifications are as follows:

  • Must be a Hazelwood resident, 55 years of age or older
  • Disabled persons of any age are eligible for the program
  • Must provide their own equipment, i.e. canes, walkers, etc.
  • Complete and sign an application
  • Applicant must not have any condition that requires special medical attention which might adversely affect the health of other riders in the vehicle.
  • The City of Hazelwood may require verification of any of the information provided on the application.

Where does the Bus go?

The bus service will transport riders to surrounding businesses including grocery stores, banks, and hair salons. The boundaries for service outside of Hazelwood are:

  • Howdershell to Mullanphy and Shackleford
  • Intersection of 270 and West Florissant
  • Lindbergh to New Halls Ferry.

The bus will also transport riders to medical appointments in Hazelwood, to Christian Northeast, Christian Northwest and DePaul Hospitals.

The days of operations are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30a.m.-3:00p.m. and Special trips are scheduled for Wednesdays.

Making Reservations

For reservations or to receive an application, please call 839-5575, Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m.-2:00p.m.
Appointments are to be made 2 days in advance and are accepted up to one month in advance.
Reservations are made in 15 minute increments.
Curbside service is available for all riders.
Riders should be ready 1/2 hour prior to their designated pick-up time.
Each rider is limited to one trip per day.
Appointments will be accepted according to the following priority rating scale.

Priority Rating Scale:

  • Medical
  • Grocery shopping
  • Financial business
  • Recreational, shopping, post office, etc.


Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance. Any cancellation within 24 hours should still be called in as a consideration to other riders.

City of Hazelwood Application for Senior Citizens Transportation

General Information


Residents, 55 years of age and older, enjoy games, tours, dinners, and more. Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at Civic Center East. Fee is $10 per year.


The City Council meets the first and third Wednesday of every month at City Hall, 415 Elm Grove Lane, at 7:30p.m. The Parks and Recreation Board meets the first Tuesday of every month at Civic Center East, 8969 Dunn Road, at 7:30p.m. The public is invited to attend these meetings.


The City of Hazelwood Parks and Recreation assumes no liability for injuries that may be incurred by participants in programs or use of facilities. Users are urged to provide adequate medical insurance coverage and be aware that expenses incurred for medical treatment or care are to be borne by the individual participant. Please make sure you are in good condition for those activities which require physical exertion.

We Need Your Help

Hazelwood Parks and Recreation is devoted to offering quality facilities and programs to Hazelwood residents. We cannot do this alone. We need your help. By taking pride in the parks and keeping them clean, Hazelwood residents help maintain and support our community. Hazelwood Parks and Recreation welcomes suggestions regarding park improvements and recreational activities. Please report any vandalism by calling the Police Department (839-5000) at the time of the incident or the Recreation Office (731-0980) when noticed after the incident.

Hazelwood Park Board

The City of Hazelwood maintains an advisory board to the Parks and Recreation Division. The board consists of nine residents, one representing each of the City’s eight Wards and a Mayoral Appointee. The Hazelwood Park Board holds monthly meetings, on the first Tuesday of each month, at the Civic Center East, 8969 Dunn Road, at 7:30p.m. The public is invited to attend these meetings.

Members of the Hazelwood Park Board are:  Ms. Stella Carlin, 640-2122; Bev Paulson, 837-6758; Ruth Pondrum, 402-6112; Bob Schramm, 895-3559; and Steve Tucker, 882-6724.

Questions or concerns regarding the City’s parks and/or recreation programs may be forwarded to the Hazelwood Park Board by contacting the Recreation Office at 731-0980.

HCC = Hazelwood Community Center, 1186 Teson Road
CCE = Civic Center East, 8969 Dunn Road

For information on any recreation program contact the Recreation Office at 731-0980 or by
TDD Relay Missouri 1-711

Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Viewer if you do not have Acrobat on your PC.


Hazelwood Photo Contest