Business Permits and Applications

Business Licenses and Commercial Occupancy Permits

The Finance Department handles the City’s business licenses and starts the process for issuing commercial occupancy permits. Please contact Joyce Zuellig at 314-513-5042 or for assistance in determining the appropriate license and in calculating the correct license fee.

Business License – Home Occupation
Business License – Manufacturing
Business License – Merchant
Business License – Service
Commercial Occupancy Inspection and Permit

Planning and Zoning Permits

The City Planner, Earl Bradfield, handles permits related to planning and zoning. Contact Earl at 314-513-5013 or for more information and assistance in determining which permit application is appropriate for you.

Board of Adjustment Petition
Special Land Use Application
Special Land Use Permit Transfer
Fence Regulations and Installation Guidelines
Fence Permit
Sign Permit
Application for a Variance of the Sign Regulations
Petition for Change of Zoning
Petition to the Hazelwood City Council for a Change of Zoning to Planned District 

Building Permits

The Building Department handles permits for construction or modification of a building. Please contact Dave Clemens at 314-513-5063 or for additional information and to determine which permits you need.

Building Permit Application
Demolition Permit
Excavation Permit
Commercial Occupancy Permit

Hazelwood Photo Contest