Allied Trash/Recycling Services
Hazelwood's Trash Hauling Service Ordinance
"As a resident of the City of Hazelwood, all one- and two-family residences are required to use Allied Services, LLC, as the trash hauling service. Please call (636) 947-5959 to obtain this service." (Ord. 3973-08)
This is a mandated requirement in acquiring a Residential Occupancy Permit in the City of Hazelwood.
Allied's new solid waste and recycling contract with Hazelwood begins Nov. 1, 2011, with the following changes to Basic Service for every single-family residence:
- Automated residential pick-up of your trash and recycling begins Nov. 1
- Once per week solid waste (trash) collection
- One FREE 95-gallon trash container will be delivered to all one- and two-family residences in Hazelwood. Residents wondering what to do with their existing trash container can call Allied's Customer Service at (636) 947-5959 and make arrangements for Allied to pick it up at the street curb.
- If the 95-gallon trash containers are too big to handle, residents can call Allied's Customer Service and have a 65-gallon container delivered to them as a replacement.
- Once per week unlimited recycling collection.
- A 65-gallon recycling container previously provided to you can be used with the automated service. (If you need a larger size automated recycling container, call Allied's Customer Service to order one for FREE.
- If a resident is vacationing for an entire month, Allied will stop service and interrupt billing.
- Any containers being rented from Allied for trash service as of Nov. 1, 2011, the rental charge will cease for the remainder of the contract.
Effective November 1, 2011, the new monthly rates are:
- Basic Service - $14.79 per month / A $3 a month decrease
- Basic Service - (Seniors/Disabled Citizens) - $7.40 per month / A $3.43 a month decrease
Hazelwood's Trash & Recycling Collection Days
Senior Citizen/Disabled Resident Discount Qualifications:
- In order to qualify for the 50% senior discount, Hazelwood residents must be 62 years of age or older
- Residents who already get the senior discount for their Allied service will have their discount carried over and won't need to re-apply for it
- The same 50% discount is available to Head of Household residents who are 100% disabled (as determined by the office of Social Security)
- Applications needed to fill out for the 50% senior/disabled resident discount can be obtained at the Public Works Office in Hazelwood's City Hall, located at 415 Elm Grove Lane. Applicants must bring the following documentation with them:
- A copy of their driver's license that confirms birth date, name, and address
- 100% disabled Head of Households must provide Social Security Administration documentation.
Optional Services Available Free of Charge
- Bulk Collection - Bulky items are defined as household materials that are too large to fit in with your regular waste collection container, (ie. furniture, old bicycles, mattresses, etc.) Two bulk collections are included free of charge with your basic service:
- One pre-scheduled pick-up will occur during the City of Hazelwood's city-wide cleanup.
- One pick-up may be scheduled at your convenience.
- Please contact Allied Waste Customer Service to set up your Bulk Collection at (636) 947-5959.
Optional Services Available for an Additional Charge
- Weekly Yard Waste -- Yard waste is provided an an optional service, and is available in 3-month periods for $7.50 per month. Residents may choose to start their 3-month service at any time. However, they will need to call Allied's Customer Service to call and cancel their yard waste service after the 3 months or they will continue to be billed for the next 3-month period.
- Yard waste consists of grass clippings, leaves, tree limbs and branches, household or yard plants, and Christmas trees.
- Curbside collection of yard waste can be done under the following methods:
- Yard waste may be placed in compost bags designed for yard waste collection or it may be placed loosely in 32 gallon trash cans or carts clearly labeled as yard waste, NOT to exceed 60 pounds.
- Trimmings not placed in a container must be no longer than 4 ft. and must be tied with rope or twine into bundles.
- Yard Waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- No can or bag may weigh more than 60 pounds.
- Yard waste containers are also available for rent from Allied Waste.
- Please contact Allied's Customer Service at (636) 947-5959 to schedule your initial 3-month yard waste service or request more information.
- REMINDER: Missouri Senate Bill 530 prohibits the disposal of yard waste in landfills. Please, do not place yard waste in with your solid waste or recycling.
- White Goods/Appliances Collection -- Appliances are picked up separate from bulky items. Examples: washers; dryers; refrigerators, etc. Please contact Allied's Customer Service to set up an appliance pick-up for an additional charge at (636) 947-5959.
- Construction Material Collection -- Construction material or the materials that result from home remodeling projects will not be picked up as part of normal trash or as bulk trash. Examples: carpeting; flooring materials; cabinets; drywall/sheetrock; wood (2x4s, plywood, paneling, peg board); bathroom fixtures; kitchen fixtures; plumbing (pipes, sinks); large light fixtures; roofing material (gutters, shingles, ceramic roof tiles, tar paper), and siding. Please contact Allied's Customer Service to set up a Construction Material pick-up for an additional charge at (636) 947-5959.
Holiday Pick-Up Schedule
Here's a brief explanation to help clear up any confusion you might have about Allied's trash pick-up schedule around the six (6) legal holidays of the year, which include the following: New Year's Day (January 1); Memorial Day (last Monday of May); Independence Day (July 4); Labor Day (first Monday of September); Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday of November); and Christmas Day (December 25).
If any of these holidays fall on a weekday between Monday and Friday, Allied will follow its regular trash and recycling collection schedule on all the days leading up to the holiday. A holiday trash pick-up schedule would be in effect for that day and all days following the holiday until the week ends. For example, next year, July 4, 2011, will fall on a Monday; therefore, Monday's trash pick-up schedule would roll over to Tuesday, Tuesday's to Wednesday; Wednesday's to Thursday, Thursday's to Friday, and Friday's to Saturday. The following week would revert back to the regular schedule for trash collection service.
If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday during the weekend, the trash pick-up schedule remains the same for both the week before and the week after. No holiday trash pick-up schedule takes effect.
Click here to view 2012 Holiday Schedule / Monday Pick-Up
Click here to view 2012 Holiday Schedule / Tuesday Pick-Up
Click here to view 2012 Holiday Schedule / Wednesday Pick-Up
Click here to view 2012 Holiday Schedule / Thursday Pick-Up
Click here to view 2012 Holiday Schedule / Friday Pick-Up
If you have any questions or issues regarding your trash/recycling waste collection service with Allied Services, please call Customer Service at (636) 947-5959.
Hazelwood's Recycling Program
In 2008, the City of Hazelwood negotiated a contract with Allied Services to provide a 65-gallon recycling cart to every single-family residence in our community, free of charge. This has made it easier for people to be more green-friendly and separate recycling items from their regular trash.
Hazelwood residents are now gung-ho about recycling as evident by the fact that Allied collected 120.83 tons of recyclables in December 2009, an increase of 32.45 tons over the amount for December 2008. And, for the past several months, Allied has collected, on average, 90 to 106 tons of recyclables each month.
Click here for "Save Our Planet" guidelines on which items are recyclable and hazardous waste