Republic Trash/Recycling Services
Introduction of ‘My Resource’
Republic Waste Services is excited to announce the launching of “My Resource.” This new technology will change the solid waste industry. This is a new portal that will allow Republic customers to “self-serve” almost anything on their account at the click of a computer mouse.
Residents that are currently individually billed will be receiving in the mail information about this NEW and EXCITING program, MY RESOURCES.
With this technology, Hazelwood residents who receive Republic’s trash/recycling services will be able to:
Pay their bill
- Schedule a pick-up
- Report a missed pick-up
- Request a container repair
- Discover new products and services
- Manage their account
- Plus, much much more!
All of this will be at the touch of a button from their computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone. It’s free, easy to use, and most importantly it empowers our customer.
Sign up is easy! They can go to www.RepublicServices.com and go to My Resource. From there, customers will set up a User ID and Password and that’s it! They will need their email address and a current invoice number from their latest bill to set up their account.
Republic’s customer service department is always available to assist with questions and helping with the registration process if needed at (636) 947-5959 or through the “Contact Us” option on its website, www.RepublicServices.com.
Hazelwood’s Trash Hauling Service Ordinance
“As a resident of the City of Hazelwood, all one- and two-family residences are required to use Allied Services, LLC, as the trash hauling service. Please call (636) 947-5959 to obtain this service.” (Ord. 3973-08)
This is a mandated requirement in acquiring a Residential Occupancy Permit in the City of Hazelwood.
Republic Services (formerly Allied Waste Services) has been awarded a new 5-year contract with the City of Hazelwood. The company looks forward to being a partner with the City of Hazelwood for the next five years.
Effective September 1, 2016, the new monthly rates are:
- Basic Service – $15.65 per month – a decrease from the current rate
- Basic Service – (Seniors/Disabled Citizens) – $7.82 per month
Senior Citizen/Disabled Resident Discount Qualifications:
Who Qualifies for the Senior Discount?
- You must be 62 years old, or disabled to qualify
- Must be Head of Household
- You must present verification of Residency, Driver’s License, or ID Card
- Residents that are 100% disabled (as determined by the Office of Social Security)
Senior Discount Requalification for the City of Hazelwood
If you currently receive the discount, you must re-apply and submit the necessary information in order to continue receiving the discount. The discount will not continue automatically. Republic Services is in the process of sending out a flyer to all Hazelwood residents which explains the re-apply process. Click here to view and print the flyer. It’s important that you respond by August 31, 2016.
To qualify, you must tear off the BUSINESS REPLY MAIL portion of the flyer. Be sure to fill out your name, address and phone number and then include a copy of either your Driver’s License or ID Card. Mail this information to:
12976 St. Charles Rock Road
Bridgeton, MO 63044
If you have any questions, please contact Republic Services’ Customer Service Hotline at (636) 947-5959.
Applications needed to fill out for the 50% senior/disabled resident discount can be obtained at the Public Works Office in Hazelwood’s City Hall as well. The address is 415 Elm Grove Lane, Hazelwood, MO 63042. Be sure to bring the following documentation with you and our staff will be able to assist you in getting this information to Republic Services:
- A copy of your Driver’s License that confirms birth date, name and address;
- 100% disabled Head of Households must provide Social Security Administration documentation.
Optional Services Available Free of Charge
- Bulk Collection – Bulky items are defined as household materials that are too large to fit in with your regular waste collection container, (ie. furniture, old bicycles, mattresses, etc.) But they do not include E-waste such as TVs/Computers/Monitors/DVD players, etc. There is an additional recycle charge for these items. For instance, it will cost $25 to have one TV and another item such as a computer/monitor/keyboard or DVD player picked up. An additional $15 fee is charged for picking up any older TVs with tubes in them. Two bulk collections are included free of charge with your basic service:
- One pre-scheduled pick-up will occur during the month of June for Hazelwood’s City-Wide Clean-Up Campaign.
- One pick-up may be scheduled at your convenience.
- Please contact Republic Services’ Customer Service to set up your Bulk Collection pick-up at (636) 947-5959.
Optional Services Available for an Additional Charge
- Weekly Yard Waste — Yard waste is provided as an optional service, and is available in 3-month periods for $8.46 per month. Residents may choose to start their 3-month service at any time. However, they will need to call Allied’s Customer Service to call and cancel their yard waste service after the 3 months or they will continue to be billed for the next 3-month period.
- Yard waste consists of grass clippings, leaves, tree limbs and branches, household or yard plants, and Christmas trees.
- Curbside collection of yard waste can be done under the following methods:
- Yard waste may be placed in compost bags designed for yard waste collection or it may be placed loosely in 32 gallon trash cans or carts clearly labeled as yard waste, NOT to exceed 60 pounds.
- There is an 8-bag limit per yard waste pick-up.
- Trimmings not placed in a container must be no longer than 4 ft. and must be tied with rope or twine into bundles.
- Yard Waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- No can or bag may weigh more than 60 pounds.
- Yard waste containers are also available for rent from Allied Waste.
- Please contact Republic’s Customer Service at (636) 947-5959 to schedule your initial 3-month yard waste service or request more information.
- REMINDER: Missouri Senate Bill 530 prohibits the disposal of yard waste in landfills. Please, do not place yard waste in with your solid waste or recycling.
- White Goods/Appliances Collection — Appliances are picked up separate from bulky items. Examples: washers; dryers; refrigerators, etc. There is a charge of $27.85 per item. Please contact Republic’s Customer Service to set up an appliance pick-up at (636) 947-5959.
- Construction Material Collection — Construction material or the materials that result from home remodeling projects will not be picked up as part of normal trash or as bulk trash. Examples: carpeting; flooring materials; cabinets; drywall/sheetrock; wood (2x4s, plywood, paneling, peg board); bathroom fixtures; kitchen fixtures; plumbing (pipes, sinks); large light fixtures; roofing material (gutters, shingles, ceramic roof tiles, tar paper), and siding. Please contact Republic’s Customer Service to set up a Construction Material pick-up for an additional charge at (636) 947-5959.
With the new contract with Republic Services, property owners who have one or two family dwellings as rental properties will be responsible for payment of solid waste and recycling services for each residence. You can expect to receive an invoice from Republic Services for your rental properties as a result of this change.
The City of Hazelwood is implementing this change with the new contract to ensure that proper solid waste and recycling services are maintained at all residences as required by City Ordinance.
If you have questions, contact the City of Hazelwood at (314) 513-5032 or (314) 513-5033, or call Republic Services’ Customer Service Hotline at (636) 947-5959.
Holiday Pick-Up Schedule
Here’s a brief explanation to help clear up any confusion you might have about Republic’s trash pick-up schedule around the six (6) legal holidays of the year, which include the following: New Year’s Day (January 1); Memorial Day (last Monday of May); Independence Day (July 4); Labor Day (first Monday of September); Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday of November); and Christmas Day (December 25).
If any of these holidays fall on a weekday between Monday and Friday, Republic will follow its regular trash and recycling collection schedule on all the days leading up to the holiday. A holiday trash pick-up schedule would be in effect for that day and all days following the holiday until the week ends. For example, next year, July 4, 2011, will fall on a Monday; therefore, Monday’s trash pick-up schedule would roll over to Tuesday, Tuesday’s to Wednesday; Wednesday’s to Thursday, Thursday’s to Friday, and Friday’s to Saturday. The following week would revert back to the regular schedule for trash collection service.
If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday during the weekend, the trash pick-up schedule remains the same for both the week before and the week after. No holiday trash pick-up schedule takes effect.
If you have any questions or issues regarding your trash/recycling waste collection service with Republic Services, please call Customer Service at (636) 947-5959.
Hazelwood’s Recycling Program
For the past six years, Hazelwood has sponsored a Recycle Day event at St. Louis Outlet Mall. If you de-cluttered your home by bringing recyclable items to our June 4th event, we want to thank you for helping us divert reusable trash away from local landfills.
This year’s vendors included Midwest Recycling Center (MRC), The Salvation Army, Shred-It and Republic Services. A total of 420 vehicles dropped off items between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Amount of tonnage collected: MRC (23.5 tons); The Salvation Army (6 tons); Shred-It (4.5 tons); and Republic Services (.25 tons). Final total: 34.25 tons.
In March 2016, the City of Hazelwood’s Green Committee launched a Recycling Pledge Card Campaign to encourage residents to recycle more this year. Residents are being asked to fill out a recycling pledge card and turn it in at City Hall, Civic Center East or the Hazelwood Community Center. Click here to view and print a copy of the Recycling Pledge Card Campaign form.
Those who turn in a pledge card, and haven’t been a previous prize winner, will be included in a pool of residents to be selected for Harvestfest Recycling Pledge winners. The Green Committee will continue accepting pledge cards between now and Harvestfest on Saturday, September 10. Green Committee members will also be collecting pledge cards at the Community Tent at Harvestfest.
A third, and final prize drawing will be held at the Hazelwood City Council meeting on Wed., Sept. 14. Prizes for this drawing include passes to the IceZone, Putting Edge as well as St. Louis Outlet Mall gift certificates. Certificates for one 18-hole round at the Florissant Golf Club will be given away to adult winners as well.