Work Covered By City Sewer Lateral Program
- After a failed attempt to open the sewer lateral by rotary cutter, the property owner should contact a plumbing company to camera their sewer lateral line. Root blockage/infiltration does not qualify for the Sewer Lateral Repair Program.
- After review of the video, the City will determine eligibility for the Sewer Lateral Repair Program. If eligible, the City will determine the lowest and/or best bid and will authorize the approved St. Louis County licensed plumber/drain layer to do the repair.
- If eligible, cost of the camera work is reimbursed at 90% to the property owner. The property owner shall be responsible for the remaining 10%.
- If eligible, corrective sewer lateral repair work is reimbursed at 90% to the Contractor, less $30 for the excavation permit. The property owner shall be responsible for the remaining 10%.
- The City Sanitary Sewer Lateral Program includes repair or replacement of the defective portion of the sewer lateral line, filling the trench, and seed and straw. Right-of-way public sidewalk and sewer replacement is covered when required. The property owner shall be responsible for all other restoration (landscaping, pavement or other work requested by the property owner).
- The maximum City contribution shall be $7,500.00.
- Sewer line maintenance cost is not covered by the program.
- Property owners who are delinquent in paying the City sewer lateral fee will not be allowed to participate in the Sewer Lateral Repair Program until all delinquent fees and/or penalties are paid.
Contact: Nikki Miller, Project Manager/GIS Analyst
Phone: (314) 513-5031