The Hazelwood Fire Department is dedicated to providing our residents with the following services to keep you safe:
- Child Seat Safety Installation
- Smoke Detectors
- Bicycle Helmets
- STARS Program
- A Safe Place
- Loan of Equipment
- Fire and Life Safety Home Inspections
- Loan of Equipment - The Fire Department has a limited amount of wheelchairs, crutches, and walkers for loan to residents free of charge when needed.
- Tours/Lectures - Tours of our fire stations are given upon request. Fire prevention and safety talks can be arranged for your group at our fire station or on your site. We are happy to “tailor-make” our talks to suit your needs. A tour typically consists of a walk-through of our fire station, display and discussion of a safety video in our training room, and a view of equipment on the fire truck and ambulance.
- File-of-Life Program - This program aids in the correct treatment of the resident on emergency medical services emergencies. The File-of-Life program calls for keeping a resident’s medical data on a form, in a marked envelope that attaches magnetically to your refrigerator where it is available to emergency crews should the resident be unable to provide the information at the time of the illness or injury. When making emergency calls, both Fire and Police Department personnel are trained to check for a File-of-Life when first arriving on the scene.
- Home Inspections - Upon request, the fire department can inspect private homes for fire and life safety hazards. The homeowner then voluntarily handles safety recommendations.
For more information about all of these programs, please call the Hazelwood Fire Department at 314-731-3424.