Starting a Business

Thank you for choosing Hazelwood for your new business. We are here to assist you through the process. If you have any questions, please contact us!

Business Licenses & Commercial Occupancy Permits

The Finance Department handles the City’s business licenses and starts the process for issuing commercial occupancy permits. Please email Finance or call 314-513-5041 for assistance in determining the appropriate license and in calculating the correct license fee.

  • Business License - Home Occupation
  • Business License - Manufacturing
  • Business License - Merchant
  • Business License - Service
  • Commercial Occupancy Inspection and Permit

Planning & Zoning Permits

The City Planner, Kate Crimmins, handles permits related to planning and zoning. Email Kate at, call 314-513-5013, or visit the City's planning website for more information and assistance in determining which permit application is appropriate for you.

Building Permits

The Building Department handles permits for construction or modification of a building. Please email Dave Clemens or call 314-513-5063 for additional information and to determine which permits you need.