The Parks and Recreation department provides free transportation for qualified City residents. The transportation service assists riders with doctor appointments, shopping, banking and post office visits, and more. To qualify you must:
- Be a Hazelwood resident
- Be 55 years of age, or older, with medical verification
- Submit a signed and completed application for service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Wednesdays are reserved for Parks and Recreation events and Hazelnut meeting transportation.
All special trips with depart from and return to the Hazelwood Community Center. Each special trip will run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Reservations must be made in advance for special trips.
- May 5, 2020 - St. Clair Square
- May 27, 2020 - Hollywood Casino
- June 3, 2020 - West County Mall
- June 17, 2020 - Premier Outlet Mall, Chesterfield
- July 1, 2020 - South County Mall
- July 15, 2020 - Galleria
- July 22, 2020 - Ameristar Casino
- July 29, 2020 - Mid Rivers Mall
- August 5, 2020 - St. Clair Square
- August 19, 2020 - West County Mall
- August 26, 2020 - Premier Outlet Mall, Chesterfield
Areas of Service
Transportation services are available for riders anywhere within the Hazelwood City limits. Outside of City limits, the boundaries are the following areas: Howdershell Road/Shackelford Road to Mullanphy Lane; Highway 270 to West Florissant Avenue; North on Lindbergh Boulevard to 2341 North Highway 67; De Paul and Christian Medical Center.
For reservations, please call 314-839-5575, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 2 pm. Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance and are scheduled in 30 minute increments. Reservations can be scheduled up to one month ahead of time. Calls for service less than 48 hours in advance will be accommodated based on priorities and availability.
Riders should be ready 30 minutes prior to their designated pickup time. Riders are limited to one trip per day, two times a week.
Priority Rating Scale for Reservations
Riders are accommodated according to the priority rating scale below. From highest to lowest, priorities are:
- Grocery shopping
- Financial business
- Recreational, shopping, post office, etc.
Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance. Any cancellation within 24 hours should still be called in as a consideration to other riders.